… thanks, Mom!!
1. What color are your socks right now?
its summer…there are no socks <– well said, Aunt T
2. What are you listening to right now?
Acoustic Lady G… trying to unwind, and this music and a glass of Reisling seem to work well for me!
3. What was the last thing you ate?
bag o’ popcorn, as per usual this time of night!
4. Can you drive a stick?
Kind of… Uncle Chuck took me for a ride in his standard Forrester back when Aunt Kris was 9 months along with Sam and he was called off to a business trip… ya know, just in case I had to taxi her to the hospital 😉 While I liked driving it, I certainly did not get the hang of it at that time… Sam, if you decided to come into this world early, you probably would have been born in the living room. Just sayin’…
5. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
Jon… wasn’t sure where he went tonight, and had to confirm that he went out for a few beers with the work fellas!
6. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
of course… she gave birth to me!
7. How old are you today?
8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
Steelers Football…. obviously!!!
9. What is your favorite drink?
a dry Riesling or a pomegranate martini
10. Have you ever dyed your hair?
many many times!
11. Favorite food?
popcorn and most Italian food and any sort of stir fry I throw together
12. What is the last movie you watched?
Waking Ned Devine…. pretty interesting flick!
13. Favorite day of the year?
tossup between Christmas and my birthday!!!
14. How do you vent anger?
yell and/or clean… I will clean to the max if you get me mad enough!
15. What was your favorite toy as a child?
not my mother’s “Bridey” doll… I liked anything you could use to “make something” with… Play-Doh, Legos, and Lite Brite were pretty sweet… and what about the “Creepy Crawlers”? Sweet!!!
16. What is your favorite season?
17. Cherries or Blueberries?
18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?
19. Who is the most likely to respond?
20. Who is least likely to respond?
21. Living situation?
with Jon, Seth and the Libbster… love it!
22. When was the last time you cried?
Not sure, it’s been a while
23. What is on the floor of your closet right now?
mostly shoes… and carpet
24. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to
I’m posting this on my blog, so it’s going out to EVERYONE!!!
25. What did you do last night?
Watched Jon’s Golden Girls DVDs in memory of Rue McClanahan!
26. What are you afraid of most?
Things flying close to me… bats and birds freak me out!!!
27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
I like pepperjack cheese on my burgers, so a little of both!
28. Favorite dog breed?
I’m biased towards my Boston terrier roommate and my three-legged min-pin brother from another mother, Chase!
29. Favorite day of the week?
Any day that I’m not working… that changes often!
30. How many states have you lived in?
Just two… PA and NY
31. Diamonds or pearls?
32. What is your favorite flower?
… it’s YOU!!!
Apparently, you can submit any picture to thatsmyface.com and turn it into an action figure! Now, I know I’m just a big kid, but I would love to get/give this as a gift. How cool would it be to have your own action figure? Almost as cool as being a bobblehead, I’m sure.
These run at around $100, so they’re kinda pricey… I’ll have to pick a pretty special event to give this gift!
- Hi, my name is: Jaci
- But you can call me: Any form of “Jaci” that’s appropriate… Jac, Wacky Jaci, Jacattack, Apple Jacks, etc.
- Never in my life have I: been to the west coast
- My high school is: a lot nicer now then when I went there in 99-03. It was okay, but we never did anything too spectacular… like the class of ’10 did this year. Check out their lipdub for the Pens here
- When I’m nervous: Everything turns to warp speed… I talk fast, walk fast, tap my leg fast!
- The last song I listened to was: See above link… haven’t turned on the tunes yet this morning, but if you want to be technical, BEP’s “I Gotta Feeling” came on when I went to link to the PHS lipdub.
- If I were to get married right now: My mother would pee her pants… she’s wanted me to be married for some time now
- My hair is: grimy… I need a shower
- When I was 4: I played with the Barbie accessories (the house, the car, etc) more than I played with the Barbies themselves. Legos and the Lite Brite were way cooler.
- Last Christmas: was spent in PA with my family and friends!!
- I should be: Eating breakfast… mah tummy’s rumblin
- When I look down I see: the keyboard??
- The happiest recent event was: Moving in with the boys… 2 months is still recent, no?
- By this time next year: I’ll hopefully have a master’s degree
- My current gripe is: People who can’t/don’t do their jobs… the “I’m so helpless” act… ugh!
- I have a hard time understanding: how smokers tolerate their own smell/stench
- There are these girls: Who I’m still close friends with despite living over 500 miles away
- If I won an award, the first person I would tell would be: Jon, my parents
- I want to buy: more paint for the bedroom… a house at some point in my lifetime
- I plan to visit: Europe someday
- If you spent the night at my house: I WILL make you bacon and eggs in the morning. It’s my duty.
- The world could do without: morons
- Most recent thing I’ve bought myself: groceries
- Most recent thing someone else bought me: lunch at Panera
- My middle name is: Renee
- In the morning: I’m always awake early…. even if I went to bed late the night before
- Last night I was: watching the Golden Girls (RIP Blanche)
- There’s this guy I know who: is incredibly nice, sweet, and kind to everyone he knows… and has adorable dimples. And a good kisser 😉
- If I was an animal I’d be: a really playful dog, most likely
- Tomorrow I am: working, obviously… probably going to Rafferty’s after (who’s going??)
- Tonight I am: working!!!
- My birthday is: Nov. 15th…. and everyone knows it, I like to feel special that day!!
It seems as if I’ve blamed family members in the last 3 or so blog posts for random, silly quirks I have acquired. Might as well keep going.
Thanks to my sister, I’ve got the bug.
Laurie came to visit me at work this past Friday, informing me that she purchased two 24-packs of these crazy gum bands at the Crossgates Hallmark. After brushing aside the initial big sister reaction (“weirdo, I’m telling Mom”… kidding, kinda), she let me pick two to wear for myself. I got SO EXCITED at the choices!! I could pick between hearts, stars, sunshines, dollar signs, dog bones, and girl symbols. I picked the heart and the girl symbol… because I love being a girl? Immediately, I was hooked.
That Sunday, I was on a Silly Bandz mission! Hallmark in EGB was out of stock. I found a huge supply at Olympia Sports later on, and purchased dinosaurs and zoo animals and left the store feeling like a giddy ten-year old… probably because I had just stooped to that level after buying two packs of stretchy bands to wear and show off to my friends.
Actually, I’ve never even heard of these until I heard they were being banned in local schools just last week. This story reminded me of slap bracelets. They were banned from schools when I was in first grade (early 90s) due to them being a distraction in class. Then I remembered POGs in fourth grade (mid-90s). Since they were being stolen and kids cried when they lost the silly little cardboard discs in tournaments (suckaaaaas!), they were also banned. Tamagotchies (sp?) and Beanie Babies came along in the late 90s, but I don’t remember them ever being banned in school.
I’m curious as to what big trend my own kids will follow one day… and I will have to go on a wild goose chase for.
Which trend did you catch onto back in elementary school? Was it ever banned in school?
I am a “touchy-feely” person.
As I do regarding many of my quirks, I blame my family. We NEVER shake hands, we hug. Friends and new SO’s invited to family gatherings will get hugs. Hugs are not the limit, however. I put hands on shoulders, give high fives and fist bumps, playful punches in jest. What can I say? I communicate best by touch, it seems.
That being said, if I went to RCS middle school… I’d be in detention, daily. According to the TU, the school recently banned pretty much all forms of touching. The TU says:
“And it’s not just the so-called ‘front-hug’ that’s prohibited, as explained in an e-mail sent to parents last week by a teacher on behalf of the school. According to the electronic missive, students also cannot hug from the side, back or ‘any other way,’ nor can they hold hands. That’s part of a range of human contact that’s now formally prohibited between students, whether it’s ‘boys/girls, boys/boys, girls/girls.’ Other touching deemed inappropriate, according to the e-mail, includes nipple twisting, belly slapping, pinching, pulling and playing with another’s hair.”
Personally, I think this is silly. You know that snarky little middle-schoolers will intentionally break this rule just to get a rise out of the faculty. And at the same time, they won’t be able to learn about personal boundaries because they’re not allowed to touch… at all! From what I remember, this was the time that students learned quite a bit about each other… who’s easy to get along with, who’s athletic, who’s artistic, who doesn’t like hugs, etc. What the school should be doing, in my opinion, is educating students about those personal boundaries. As in, educating about behaviors that make some people uncomfortable, and how to handle the situation if your boundaries have been crossed. That’s easy, right? No punishing, just a little extra time and (shocker) education. Personally, I feel quite a few adults could use some Personal Boundaries 101 lectures… why not start with middle school?
So ends this rant… if you’re looking for me, I’ll be out giving free hugs and nipple twists.
I’d rather not…
If you’re just going to leave me a voicemail telling me to call. I believe it’s a complete waste of time and button pressing to listen to voicemails telling me to call you back. I saw that you called. If I feel like it, I’ll call you.
Apparently, Lance Armstrong feels the same way! Check it out…
So which do you all prefer? Email or text message? Or do you actually LIKE voicemails??
Since picnic weather seems to be in the forecast, I’d thought I’d share my favorite dish to bring to picnics. Not only is it yummy… it’s gluten-free and low-cal!! It’s pretty much as easy at PB&J, and in my experience, party guests hold you in higher regard if you bring something straight from your kitchen, and not mac salad that you picked up at P Chops.
You will need:
A big mixing bowl
A 10 inch skillet
You’ll need to go and buy
1 lb of ground turkey
1 packet of taco seasoning (GF folks, check the ingredients!!)
Bag of shredded lettuce
Can of diced tomatoes (you can get an actual tomato and cut it up yourself, but I’m lazy with this)
Bag of Baked Tostitos
Bag of shredded cheddar cheese (you can leave the out or put it on the side if you’re serving anyone with milk allergies)
Brown the ground turkey. This means you put the turkey in the skillet over med-high heat and push it around till it turns brown. Follow the directions on the back of the taco seasoning. Usually this includes dumping the taco seasoning and some water into the skillet and keep heating it until it’s all mixed together and there’s no water left. FYI, this is the most complicated step.
Open the Tostitos and smush them all up until they are crumbs. Dump the crumbs in the bowl. This is the second most complicated step.
Open up the lettuce and cheese. Dump in zee bowl.
Open up the diced tomatoes. Drain in a colander, you don’t want the salad to be too watery. Into da bowl they go.
Stir it together… serve it up.
This recipe serves around four, FYI. Great with margaritas!
Enjoy… and Happy Friday!!